Are dental implants suitable for me? I’ve been told I’m not a good candidate.
There are several different types of implants designed for different types of situations. However, for an implant procedure to work there must be enough bone in the jaw and the bone must be strong enough to both hold and support the implant. If there is not enough bone we can stimulate and grow the bone in a procedure called bone regeneration. Mini dental implants are also useful with minimal remaining bone and are placed with local anesthetic in just one hour.
There is no age limit to getting an implant procedure. We welcome patients from the ages of 18-90+ getting dental implants regularly, after accidents, tooth extractions or following general tooth loss. If you would like to be able to chew comfortably, smile with confidence and prevent bone loss, implants are the ultimate solution for you.
At Seapoint Clinic, we have a wide range of implants and can cater for patients with many different requirements. Even if you have been previously told you are unsuitable for implants, due to bone loss for example, there are a multitude of options available to you. If you’re missing several teeth, be sure to explore our website further for information on your tooth implant options.
We also have helpful information for those only missing one tooth. If you have lost a tooth, the sooner you opt for implants the better. Every day you are missing a tooth you are losing bone. The more bone you lose the more time and effort it will take to replace.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating: Ill-fitting dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and new lease of life.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and with proper care can last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Theres was no pain involved and I'm absolutely delighted with the results!