Are dental implants suitable for me? I’ve been told I’m not a good candidate.
Usually the answer is yes!
Everyone who is considered healthy is typically suitable for dental implants. With modern 3D CAT scan technology in the clinic, and our ability to regrow bone when necessary, nobody should think that dental implants are impossible for them. Here at Seapoint we feel strongly that nobody should have to persevere with a loose or uncomfortable denture. Nobody should be ashamed of their smile. There are techniques that can solve any problem; and rest assured, we have seen them all before.
There are several different types of implants that can deal with different scenarios. If there is not enough bone we can stimulate and grow the bone in a procedure called bone regeneration or bone grafting. Mini dental implants can even be used when the situation is challenging. There are lots of alternatives.
There is no age limit to getting an implant procedure. We welcome anyone from the ages of 18-90+, after accidents, tooth extractions or following general tooth loss. If you would like to be able to chew comfortably, smile with confidence and prevent bone loss, implants can be the right solution for you.
At Seapoint Clinic, we have a wide range of implants and can cater for patients with many different requirements. Even if you have been previously told you are unsuitable for implants, due to bone loss for example, there are a multitude of options available to you. If you’re missing several teeth, be sure to explore our website further for information on your tooth implant options.
We also have helpful information for those only missing one tooth. If you have lost a tooth, the sooner you opt for implants the better. Every day you are missing a tooth you are losing bone. The more bone you lose the more time and effort it will take to replace.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating: Ill-fitting dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and new lease of life.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and with proper care can last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Disadvantages of Dental Implants
If you have poor health you may not be a good candidate for dental implants. If you are a heavy smoker you may have higher failure rates during healing. If you suffer from tooth grinding you are more at risk of implant damage or loss.
Theres was no pain involved and I'm absolutely delighted with the results!