I’ve seen dental implants for €695 and you are quoting €1995. Why is there such a difference?
We cannot explain how other dental practices arrive at their prices but we can suggest that you ask them the following questions before you proceed to treatment:
- Is that price for my dental implant fully restored with the crown on it? Many places do not quote for completed work.
- How many dental implants has my dentist placed before mine?
- Is there a guarantee on your work?
- Is there a minimum number I need to get done to get implants at this lower price?
- Is the implant itself made by a recognised and experienced manufacturer? If the implant manufacturer is no longer around in 5 or 10 years you may have a problem if parts need to be replaced.
- Are there any hidden costs, such as surgical fees, component fees etc?
- Is the implant placed in the surgery in Ireland or will I have to travel?
- Is the dentist going to be around in the future if there is a problem?
- What is the quality of their customer service?
- What is the quality of the physical environment in which the service is delivered?
- How clean and safe is the practice and the equipment used?
- Is sedation offered or is there an extra charge?
- What is their protocol for after-care?
- What happens if something goes wrong?
- Will I see the same dentist every time?
- Is there a waiting list? We have no desire to be the lowest cost dental provider as we prefer to focus on gentle, long lasting dentistry that we would have done for our family members.